The story you are about to read is true. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent…
Studio 5000 software runs slow with the newest update for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
Case File: 1057708
Date Created: 08/11/2017 | Last Updated: 08/18/2017
This Tech File will look at a recent development where reports of Studio 5000 running slowly after updating Adobe Acrobat Reader.
After installing updates for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, Studio 5000 works slower, e.g.:
- When doing online edits and trying to save the project,
- During a Find and replace operation,
- When copying rungs and saving project,
- Changing tags data type and deleting tags,
- During project upload from the PLC.
- On a project save, uploading tag values.
- Studio 5000 v28, v29, v30
- Windows 7, 10
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
The slowness is strictly connected to the latest update for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (17.012.2009 , 17.012.20093 or 17.012.20095).
To check if the update is installed on the computer go to Control Panel –> Programs and Features –> View installed updates.
None at the moment. The issue is being investigated.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to uninstall just this particular update, so the only workaround at the moment is to uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from Start –> Control Panel –> Programs and Features.