Modern technology helps you stay ahead with better performance and greater efficiency in a global market, and Rockwell Automation has now made it easier to modernize your existing 1746 SLC I/O with the I/O conversion modules.
I/O conversion modules provide a fast and efficient method for converting 1746 SLC I/O to Compact 5000 I/O. The I/O conversion is accomplished without removing any field wires from the existing terminal block, virtually removing the risk of wiring errors and reducing wiring/installation time. The existing removable terminal block fits directly into the new 1492 conversion modules.
The cables are pre-wired and have a connector for the conversion module on one end and a removable terminal block (RTB) on the other end. The I/O signals are routed through the conversion module and the cable to the appropriate terminals on the Compact 5000 I/O module.
The I/O Conversion System Includes:
- Conversion Chassis
- Upper Mounting Plate
- Lower Mounting Plate
- Conversion Module
- Chassis Mounting Hardware
- SLC 500 to CompactLogix 5380 Migration Profile (MIGRAT-PP004B)
- 1746 SLC I/O to Compact 5000 I/O Conversion System Selection Guide (1492-SG010)
- 1746-to-5069 I/O Conversion System Installation Instructions (1492-IN132)
- SLC 500 Hardware Migration Reference Manual (1746-RM003)
- SLC to CompactLogix Programming Migration Application Profile (5069-AP001)
Looking for more information?
Contact your local automation specialist or account manager at The Reynolds Company to discuss your automation applications. Find your specialist.