The new Allen-Bradley Micro870 PLC uses a flexible design concept that provides designers up to three plug-ins and eight expansion I/O modules. This capability allows them to easily customize or expand the controller to meet each machine type’s unique requirements.
The controller’s 280 KB memory capacity supports modular programming and the use of user-defined function blocks to help reduce design time. Additionally, machine builders can use this memory capacity to maintain a single program for all machine models that use the Micro870 PLC.
The controller communicates via EtherNet/IP and includes multiple embedded communications options, including a USB programming port, a non-isolated serial port and an Ethernet port. It can also support up to two axes of motion.
- Offers 24-point controller
- Offers 280 KB memory that supports up to 128 KB user data and up to 20,000 program steps
- Includes 100 kHz high-speed counter (HSC) inputs on 24V DC models
- Provides embedded communications via USB programming port, non-isolated serial port (for RS-232 and RS-485 communications) and Ethernet port
- Supports up to three Micro800® plug-in modules
- Supports up to eight expansion I/O modules and up to 304 I/O points
- Provides embedded motion capabilities by supporting as many as two axes with PTO
- Communicates via EtherNet/IP™
- Operates in -20…65 °C (-4…149 °F) temperatures
Connected Components Workbench
The new Connected Components Workbench software version 11 provides a single design environment for programming the Micro870 PLC. The software can also be used to configure Allen-Bradley PanelView 800 graphic terminals, PowerFlex AC drives, Kinetix component servo drives, electronic overload relays, light curtains and configurable safety relays. This feature can save engineers time and costs compared with using another programming tool for each device in a system.
A new conversion tool in version 11 makes it easier for MicroLogix customers to upgrade to the Micro800 controller family. In addition, version 11 allows Encompass members of the PartnerNetwork program to help ease configuration of complementary third-party products via graphical configuration profiles. These profiles support the Micro800 plug-ins as well as expansion I/O to help make the configuration process faster and more accurate.
- Micro870 Product Profile 2080-pp006_-en-p
- Micro870 Popular Configuration Drawing ccsimp-qr006_-en-p
- Micro870 Programmable Logic Controller Product Web Page
- CCW Product Profile 9328-pp001_-en-p
- Connected Components Workbench Solutions Page