Flexible I/O Platform Enabling Integrated Control for The Connected Enterprise
Rockwell Automation is about to release the next generation Flex I/O family, the Flex 5000. Here’s a look at what the Flex 5000 I/O is, and where to find more information about it.
FLEX 5000 I/O is a reliable and flexible distributed I/O solution, allowing you to choose your I/O to meet your operational needs. FLEX 5000 I/O enhances communication with 1 Gb EtherNet/IP™ connectivity, offering higher speed and increased bandwidth. Flexibility is provided through multiple network architectures and topology options in addition to a wide range of standard modules, with safety modules available in a future release.
- Supports 1 Gb EtherNet/IP for DLR, Linear and Star topologies with PRP available in a future release
- Wide range of architecture options with network support for two copper or two fiber Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) transceiver ports
- Easily replace modules while the system is in operation with snap-on installation via Removal and Insertion Under Power (RIUP)
- Optimize footprint by mounting up to 16 modules on a single node, vertically or horizontally, and in any module sequence
- Built for extreme environments and hazardous areas, with the ability to operate at -40° to 70°C
- Certifications include c-UL-us, CE, RCM, Ex, IECEx and KC
- Broad portfolio of Fail-safe modules, TÜV certified up to SIL 3/PLe/Cat. 4, including digital, analog, configurable RTD/thermocouple and frequency counter, will be available
- Flex 5000 I/O Product Profile
- Flex 5000 Web Page
- Flex 5000 I/O Technical Data
- FLEX 5000 Digital I/O Modules User Manual
- FLEX 5000 Analog I/O Modules User Manual
- FLEX 5000 High-speed Counter I/O Modules User Manual