When it comes to securing your industrial control system (ICS), it’s important to assess your risks, and look for the gaps in your policies and procedures. Indegy, a leader in innovative technologies for industrial cyber security, has shared an infographic with the most common gaps in industrial cyber security.
7 Most Unsafe Gaps for Industrial Cyber Security
- Malware Moves: IT to OT – Protect Your Entire Network – that means IT and OT.
- Airgap Believers – IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) exposes the previously isolated OT network to cyber threats.
- Worms Wander: OT to IT – IIoT convergence does not discriminate sides.
- Insecure Controllers – Although controllers are built for ruggedized environments, they lack critical security controls.
- Negligent Insiders – You have accident insurance for other things. Don’t underestimate where you need basic coverage.
- Disgruntled Employees – Effective vigilance of any changes to your operations is an essential safeguard.
- Waiting Until I Should Worry – Mitigate risk for critical OT networks across all devices – so you really don’t have to worry.